Tata Steel Chess 2012: Half-time Report
Posted on January 21, 2012 by William in All Articles w/ Videos, Strategy & Game Review, Tournament Updates
The Tata Steel Chess Tournament 2012 has certainly not disappointed, featuring the most exciting chess yet in 2012! The super heavy-weights of the chess world have shown up for blood and glory, truly fighting it out at every chance in this 13 game round robin tournament that features 14 of the world’s very best chess players at an average FIDE rating of 2755. After 6 rounds, Levon Aronian boasts a narrow half-point lead with 4.5/6 […]
Caro-Kann Defense vs Onemoretime – WILD ICC Blitz Game!
Posted on January 20, 2012 by William in All Articles w/ Videos, Blitz/Bullet Chess
Caro-Kann Defense: I opened with e4 and black responded with the Caro-Kann. I was trying to follow some topical lines that I have seen many top players employing lately, mainly revolving around a very rapid opening of the center which usually leads to sharp complications. Before I was able to break with c4, black gave me the opportunity to snatch a pawn on c5 which I did happily. Black was unable to receive adequate positional […]
Practical Tournament Chess Strategy
Posted on January 20, 2012 by William in General Chess Articles
A well-planned tournament chess strategy can have an incredible impact on the results of the tournament chess player. Contemplating and developing a refined approach to playing chess tournaments is critical to success, as you will surely fare better than the casual and uninformed chess player that simply arrives for round 1 and focuses only on the moves. There are a variety of factors that contribute to chess tournament success, however any master will tell you […]
How is Chess Strategy Linked to the Master Principle of Warfare?
Posted on January 19, 2012 by iPlayooChess in Beginner’s Corner, Classic Games (Pre 2010), General Chess Articles, Strategy & Game Review
Strategy as the main vehicle for success in a competitive world Strategy refers to a plan of action designed to achieve a particular goal. It is distinct from tactics, which is concerned with the conduct of an engagement, while strategy is concerned with how different engagements are linked (Wiki). Development and implementation of strategy is a creative process. Be it real war, sport match, or chess battle, a framework is required to shape the strategist’s […]
More Recent Articles
- January 18, 2012 – Grandmaster Interview with Boris Avrukh
- January 18, 2012 – 2700chess.com – Home of Elite Chess Information
- January 17, 2012 – ICC Blitz vs IM XadrezUVig – French Defense: Steinitz, Boles …
- January 17, 2012 – ChessVibes: Offering Chess News, Openings, and Training!
- January 16, 2012 – Studying Chess Openings: Memorization vs Understanding
- January 15, 2012 – Tata Steel Chess Tournament 2012 – Round 1 Magnus Carlsen vs …
- January 14, 2012 – Let Your Child Teach YOU chess!
- January 13, 2012 – Tata Steel Chess 2012 – Wijk Aan Zee
- January 12, 2012 – The Week in Chess (TWiC): 15+ Years of Chess News
- January 11, 2012 – French Defense – Sidelines – Beginner Chess Openings Series …