Russian Ministry of Sport and Turism, Department of Sport and Youth of the Tyumen region, Russian Chess Federation and Tyumen Oblast chess federation organize the 2012 Russian Higher League for men and women from 15th to 18th June at the Tyumen Technopark.
The tournament will be played over 11 rounds of Swiss system. Top five finishers qualify for the 2012 Russian Championship Super Final.
The prize fund for the men tournament is 60.000 EUR. There will be 30 prizes, the winner takes 12.000 EUR home. The non-awarded players will receive 60 EUR for the each point won.
The prize fund for the women tournament is 12.000 EUR. There will be 15 prizes, the winner gets 2.400 EUR.
Qualifiers for the men tournament:
– Players, who took 4-8 places in the Russian Championship Super Final in 2011;
– Players with FIDE rating 2625 and above on 01.05.2012;
– Players, who took 1-3 places in the championships of the federal districts, Moscow and St. Petersburg;
– Winner of Championship of Russia among boys (U20), 2012;
– Winner of Championship of Russia (U18) 2012;
– The current winner of the championship of Russia among veterans;
– The reigning champion of Russia among the students.
Qualifiers for the women tournament:
– Chess players, who took 4-10th places in the Russian Championship Super Final in 2011,
– Chess players rated FIDE 2385 or higher on 01.05.2012,
– Chess players, who took 1-2 places in the championships of the federal districts, Moscow and St. Petersburg;
– 3 top rated players among those who occupied third place in the championships of the federal districts, Moscow and St. Petersburg;
– Champion of Russia among the girls born on or after 1992 and 1994, respectively;
– The current champion of Russia among the students;