Christmas Chess Special – 5 Classes for only $25 each. Only available till Dec 25th! Mention “GM Susan Polgar” and I’ll include eBook and digital DVD for free with your order as well as having one of your games professionally video annotated !
The latest from our blog:
4 INSANE Live Bullet Chess GamesPosted on December 22, 2011 by William in All Articles w/ Videos, Blitz/Bullet Chess, Strategy & Game ReviewGame 1 – Woody (FM) vs WStewart I had black in game 1 of this chess video against Woody (FM), and was slightly caught off guard by the double bishop fianchetto opening employed by the Fide Master with the white pieces. Black was able to react solidly and achieve a strong initiative on the queenside out of the opening. However, I spent way too much time trying to find a plan and was on the […]
Free Chess Games DatabasesPosted on December 22, 2011 by William in General Chess Articles
ChessNinja.com – Making Chess Funny
Posted on December 4, 2011 by William in Non-Chess related
ChessNinja.com has become a classic chess website, with mastermind Mig Greengard providing the funniest chess commentary I’ve had the pleasure of stumbling across. Greengard’s humorously eclectic style of writing has distinguished him from other “boring” chess websites because the guy really has a knack for writing good jokes on paper. ChessNinja.com is a very different style of chess website, in that their main focus is on publishing the highest possible quality of chess training newsletters. […]
3 Biggest Beginner Chess Mistakes
Posted on December 19, 2011 by William in Beginner’s Corner, General Chess Articles
Beginner chess players often make the same mistakes over and over again, preventing them from taking their game to the next level. This repetition of errors causes many beginner chess players to give up the game altogether in a brash display of hopelessness. If you can’t identify your mistakes, you will never be able to evaluate your flaws and fix them. These are the 3 Biggest Beginner Chess Mistakes I’ve seen throughout my chess career: […]
Posted on December 18, 2011 by iPlayooChess in Beginner’s Corner, General Chess Articles
The story goes like this: when Genghis Khan couldn’t occupy a town for 30 days he said to his strategists: think! They thought and they made a special table with wood pieces of own and enemy forces – warriors, cavaliers, martial carts. Actually they constructed a board on which they planned their strategy and tactics (from Who invented chess?, article in Weekly Mirror). Learning military and life strategy through chess Wargames on two-dimensional board with […]
Posted on December 16, 2011 by Arkham in All Articles w/ Videos, General Chess Articles
The great Alexander Alekhine once said, “The fact that a player is very short of time is to my mind, as little to be considered an excuse as, for instance, the statement of the law-breaker that he was drunk at the time he committed the crime.” Although quite heavy in his reasoning, it holds no weight in the accelerated form of chess where each player has only five minutes to make all his moves. It’s […]
More from OnlineChessLessons.NET
- December 15,2011 – Chess 960 – Strategies for Survival Chess 960 (Fischer Random)
- December 14, 2011 – GM Bartosz Socko Interview: How To Be A Chess Grandmaster
- December 13, 2011 – Live Blitz on ICC – Queen’s Gambit, Blackburne-Zukertort Def …
- December 13, 2011 – London Chess Classic 2011 – FINAL REPORT
- December 12, 2011 – Last Bughouse Video Ever! – Bughouse #23
- December 12, 2011 – I’m a Celebrity chess player … Get me out of here!?
- December 11, 2011 – Massive $1,000 Prize “Amateur Brilliancy” Prize Giveaway!
- December 10, 2011 – 4 War Principles You Should Stick to in Chess
- December 9, 2011 – It’s Our Job to Make Chess Cool!
- December 8, 2011 – London Chess Classic 2011: Half-Time Report
- December 8, 2011 – Chess and Business Analysis: the Risk and Reward equation – …
- December 7, 2011 – GM Ron W. Henley Joins OnlineChessLessons.NET!
- December 7, 2011 – Chess960 Strategy: To Control the Center or Not?