It is well known that the Russian-Soviet chess school has long and rich traditions. In Russian Federation and the former USSR, 10 World Chess Champions as well as many other outstanding chess players, trainers, journalists and organizers were born and have received their chess education.
FIDE has agreed with the Government of the Russian Federation on allocation of free scholarships for higher education with chess specialization. During their studies, students can improve their chess skills by taking part in the chess tournaments.
If you are interested, please contact the FIDE Office as well as the representative of ROSSOTRUDNICHESTVO at the Russian Embassy in your country before February 2, 2015!
Those who will apply after this date will not be able to start their study in 2015, but they can apply for the next academic year 2016/2017.
How can a non-resident get higher education in RF?
General terms and conditions. In accordance with the Federal Statute № 273 “On education in RF”, foreign citizens can get higher education in state educational institutions of Russian Federation at the expense of Federal budget allocations within a specific quota.
The successful candidate will get:
a) state academic scholarships payments (during all period of education regardless of his/her advancement);
b) living quarters in dormitory;
c) one year Russian language study on preparatory department or faculty, sufficient to master the basic professional program, including scholarship payments (during all period of education regardless of his/her advancement).
The basic educational program for chess trainers lasts a further four years (bachelor’s program). There are three institutions in Moscow that provide the chess trainer’s diploma for foreigners:
1. Russian State Social University
2. Russian State University of Physical Education, Sport, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE)
3. Moscow State University of Civil Engineering.
The citizens of the countries that require an entry visa to the Russian Federation should apply for student visa with the invitation issued by the Russian institution.
Visa, medical insurance and transportation expenses are to be covered by the student or his/her sponsor.
Steps to take
The national chess federation is to form the list of candidates and submit it to the Russian Embassy or to Rossotrudnitchestvo office alone with the following documents notarized in Russian, composing each candidate’s Personal File:
1. An Application Form with applicant’s color photo attached.
2. Duly certified copy of Educational Certificate/Diploma, marks on each subject indicated. In case if the educational process organization specifics of the country of applicant do not provide such a Certificate, the result of the latest attestation at the educational organization of the applicant is to be submitted.
3. A Health Certificate issued by the officially authorized Medical Bodies of the applicant’s country, stipulating the absence of contradiction to study in Russian Federation. It is necessary for all candidates to undergo the medical examination, including HIV Blood Test, and a certificate indicating that their health permits them to stay in the Russian climate. In case health reasons prevent an admitted candidate from studying in the Russian Federation, he/she will have to leave the Russian Federation at his/her expense.
4. The Result of HIV Blood Test duly certified by the relevant official Medical Bodies of the applicant’s country.
5. A copy of all pages of the applicant’s passport, with which the applicant is to cross the borders of Russian Federation, valid not less than 18 months since the student visa starts (the copy must be fully readable and contain the data obligatory to issue invitation).
6. Copies of other diplomas and certificates proving the applicant’s victories at national and international events and Olympiads.