The 4th edition of Mohamed Slama Memorial is scheduled to take place from 31st August to 14th September 2014, at the hotel Monastir Center in the beautiful touristic city of Monastir, Tunisia.
The Festival is organized by Chess Club La Tour Blanche – Ksibet El Mediounisplit and is split into 6 groups.
The highlight of the event is Open A, 9-round Swiss event for players rated over 2099. The hefty prize fund in the amount of 10.000 $ is provided by the official tournament sponsor Slama Brothers Group.
The winners will be awarded as follows: 1.000 $ + Cup/ 800 $/ 500 $/ 300 $/ 250 $/ 200 $/ 150 $/ 100 $ plus 1st Woman prize in the amount of 200 $.
Many titled players confirmed their participation in the 4th Mohamed Slama Memorial. You can see the preliminary list below.
Top seed is Croatian GM Davorin Kuljasevic (2550).
Tournament Director: Jawhar Ben Fredj, tel.: 00216 21 268 258
Club President: Ayoub Ayed, tel.: 00216 99 836 561
Preliminary list of participants (top seeds):
1. GM Kuljasevic, Davorin Croatia 2554
2. GM Stupak, Kirill Belarus 2514
3. GM Rizouk, Aimen Algeria 2527
4. GM Haddouche Mohamed Algeria 2508
5. GM Barsov, Alexei Uzbekistan 2486
6. IM Ezzat Mohamed Egypt 2466
7. IM Arab, Adlane Algeria 2436
8. GM Czebe, Attila Hungary 2436
9. IM Kohlweyer, Bernd Germany 2422
10. IM Ibrahim, Hatim Egypt 2351
11. IM Payen, Arnaud France 2350
12. WGM Videnova, Iva Bulgaria 2342
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar