Beginner Chess Mistakes: Giving Up Too Early
Posted on January 4, 2012 by William in Beginner’s Corner, General Chess Articles
This is a classic beginner chess mistake that really has to do with chess psychology more than actual playing ability. There are a variety of reasons for giving up too early, but it always seems to happen right after a silly unforced error. I’ve seen a ton of beginner chess players commit a foolish mistake and go on to resign only moves later in a perfectly playable position, not because they were objectively evaluating their […]
French Defense Opening Series – Part 2, the Tarrasch Variation with 3. Nd2
Posted on January 3, 2012 by William in All Articles w/ Videos, Beginner’s Corner, Chess Openings, Strategy & Game Review
Part 2 of the French Defense Beginner Opening Series reviews the main lines of Tarrasch Variation with 3. Nd2. I recommend black to follow a similar plan as reviewed in Part 1 of this series, where white obtains a slight space advantage with his central pawns on the dark squares (d4. e5, etc..) and black rapidly counterattacks with moves like …c5, …Nc6, …Qb6, and …f6. It is imperative to play very actively with the black […]
Can It Be Something Like The Most Beatiful Move Ever?
Posted on January 2, 2012 by iPlayooChess in Beginner’s Corner, Classic Games (Pre 2010), General Chess Articles, Strategy & Game Review
“My chess career has been rich in experiences, some amusing, others tragic, all of them interesting. Chess has taken me to the far corners of the earth, has brought me some fame, though little fortune. In my travels I have met thousands of people and made many lasting friendships.” “Chess has fully repaid me in the real things of life, the sharing of colorful experiences with my wife and son, the devotion and loyalty of […]
Grandmaster Interview With Balogh Csaba
Posted on January 1, 2012 by William in All Articles w/ Videos, General Chess Articles
Csaba Balogh is only 24 years old, but he can already be considered a veteran chess grandmaster. Csaba Balogh earned the IM title when hewas 14 and was awarded the title of International Grandmaster at 16 years of age. Among Balogh’s numerous impressive wins, he won the U-16 European Individual Championship in 2003 and in 2006 he finished in 2nd place in the Hungarian Chess Championship. More recently, in 2011 he tied for 2nd-5th at […]
- January 1, 2012 – Reggio Emilia Chess 2011/2012: Nakamura Dominates!
- December 30, 2011 – Chess Mistakes: Not Winning Won Positions?
- December 29, 2011 – Free Internet Chess Server (FICS)
- December 28, 2011 – ICC Blitz Chess – Benoni Defense
- December 28, 2011 – Beating The Scandinavian Defense – Beginner Chess Openings
- December 27, 2011 – Reggio Emilia 2011/12: Star-Studded Super-Tournament
- December 26, 2011 – ChessAnyTime.com – Chess Videos, News, and more!
- December 24, 2011 – The Closed Sicilian – Beginner Chess Openings (Analysis by F …
- December 24, 2011 – ChessBomb.com – Computer Chess Analysis on Live Coverage
- December 23, 2011 – Beginner Chess Tips