Thank you Texas Tech University!
June 16 – 18, 2006 Las Vegas, Nevada
Format: 6 SS Sections: Under 21, 15, 13 and 10 (as of June 14, 2006)
Time control: G/45 (Please be sure to bring your own chess set and clock)
· Prizes: Trophies to top 20 individuals and top 3 teams in each section. Special medals to 21st – 30th place individuals and 4th – 6th teams. 3 or more from the same school and section or same chess club and section (top 3 scores added to give team final standings). Every player receives a special hand signed certificate from Susan Polgar.
· AWESOME Additional Prizes: In each section, 1st place receives a Laptop Computer. $200-150-100-50 gift prizes for 2nd-5th. Any player with 6-0 score also receives a digital clock!
· Prizes for Blitz Championship: Trophies to top 3 players in each section. Special medals to 4th – 10th place. Blitz will only have one section but trophies will be given out to separate categories.
· Prizes for Puzzle Solving Championship: Championship Cup to first each section (Unr – 800, 801 – 1100, 1101 – 1400, Open). Special medals to 2nd – 6th place.
· Special Prizes: Any school with 20 or more participants will receive a set of 7 Winning Chess the Easy Way Training DVDs by Susan Polgar (Over $200 retail value).
There will be many additional surprise prizes and gifts! Winner of each section will qualify for the 2006 Susan Polgar National Invitational for Girls in Chicago (Winners must meet the age and residency restriction). More information can be found on www.SusanPolgarFoundation.org.
§ Friday, June 16:
3:30 PM Lecture for players / parents / coaches by Susan Polgar
5:00 PM Puzzle Solving Championship
6:15 PM Simul with Susan Polgar (Maximum 70 players)
§ Saturday, June 17:
9:00 AM Opening Ceremony
Rounds: 11:00 AM, 1:30 PM, 4:00 PM
7 PM Blitz Championships (G/5 – 7 SS)
§ Sunday, June 18:
Rounds: 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:30 PM
4:00 PM Closing Ceremony
Entry Fees: $30 if received by March 15, 2006; $45 if received by May 25; $60 on site – On site registration: 2:00 PM – 9:00 PM Friday and up to 9:30 AM on Saturday. Blitz EF: $15 – Puzzle Solving EF: $12 – Simul: $20 Special $35 entry fees for all 3 events (Blitz, Puzzle and Simul). Please make checks payable to: Las Vegas International Chess Festival, PO Box 90925, Henderson, NV 89009-0125 or online at www.lvchessfestival.com. No telephone entries. NS. W. FIDE.
Hotel Information: Riviera Hotel and Casino, 2901 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109. HR: $71 single or double ($81 Friday and Saturday nights) includes free tickets to one of three Mardi Gras Riviera Las Vegas Shows Wednesday, Thursday or Monday. 1-800-634-6753 or (702) 734-5110. Make your reservations early and be sure to ask for the chess rates; the Riviera sells out most weekends. Cutoff for special hotel rate is May 25th. Rates may be as high as $140 a night after May 25th. Credit card or one night room deposit will be required to hold reservation, may be canceled 48 hours in advance for nominal fee.