The 1st San Salvador Chess Open is scheduled to take place from 5-10th December at the Palacio de los Deportes INDES in San Salvador, El Salvador.
The 9-round Swiss event is organized by the Federacion Salvadoreña de Ajedrez and offers $8000 in prizes.
A total of 120 players from twelve countries are registered to take part in the tournament. Among them are 8 Grandmasters and 10 International Masters.
Participants (top seeds):
1. GM Iturrizaga Bonelli Eduardo VEN 2654
2. GM Ramirez Alejandro USA 2579
3. GM Stefansson Hannes ISL 2564
4. GM Almeida Quintana Omar CUB 2485
5. GM Martinez Duany Lelys Stanley CUB 2484
6. GM Romero Holmes Alfonso ESP 2470
7. IM Kjartansson Gudmundur ISL 2451
8. IM Juarez Flores Carlos A. GUA 2427
9. FM Sanchez Alvarez Roberto Carlo CUB 2390
10. IM Baules Jorge PAN 2348