The school was established in 1923. Today, Texas Tech University has more than 39,000 students and 18,000 faculty / staff from over 100 countries. The main campus in Lubbock, Texas has 30,049 students.
Texas Tech also many other locations such as San Angelo, El Paso, Spain, and Germany, etc. It is expected to be designated as a tier one university soon.
Overall, there are 14 colleges at Texas Tech University with 62 academics departments and 198 degree programs.
Undergraduate: Approximately 56% male – 44% female
Graduate & Professional: Approximately 52.5% male – 47.5% female
New Transfer Students: Approximately 57% male – 43% female
5. South Korea
SPICE was established in 2007. The goal of SPICE is to work with our friends and colleagues to enhance chess, education, technology, and research, etc.
I strongly believe that College Chess is a critical bridge between Scholastic and Adult Chess. If we can successfully promote College Chess, we will retain a lot more of our scholastic players and transition them to Adult Chess. Chess as a sport is not big enough yet and there is plenty of room to grow. Therefore, it is vital that we work together and assist each other for the best interest of our sport.
SPICE is a premier center for chess education, research, technology, and outreach. The goal of SPICE is to:
– Recruit outstanding undergraduate and graduate students to TTU and TTU-HSC
– Provide a substantial amount of scholarships to chess players
– Be a world leader in promoting women’s chess
– Support the nation’s most elite chess programs
– Promote chess as vehicle for enriching the education of children
– Serve as a center for chess education and research
– Support and promote competitive chess at the college level.
– Bring national and international recognition to TTU and TTU-HSC