OPorto Open 2015
OPorto Open 2015 is set to take place from 13-19th July at the Hotel Beta in Porto, Portugal. The tournament is included in the National Circuit of Classic Chess of the Portuguese Chess Federation.
The 9-round Swiss event is organized by the Grupo de Xadrez do Porto, the oldest Portuguese chess club, as acelebration of its 75th anniversary.
148 players from 21 countries are registered to take participation. Among them are 6 Grandmasters and 7 International Masters. List below.
The total prize fund is 5000 EUR with 1000 EUR reserved for the winner.
Participants (top seeds):
1. GM Kunin Vitaly GER 2576
2. GM Heberla Bartlomiej POL 2558
3. GM Arribas Lopez Angel ESP 2546
4. GM Spraggett Kevin Barry CAN 2542
5. GM Malakhatko Vadim BEL 2514
6. IM Santos Latasa Jaime ESP 2511
7. IM Kuzmicz Krystian POL 2475
8. IM Fernandez Daniel Howard ENG 2472
9. IM Ferreira Jorge João Viterbo POR 2436
10. IM Ider Borya FRA 2414
11. FM Garcia Albarracin Francisco D ESP 2374
12. FM Alshameary Puente Ismael ESP 2366
13. IM Valles Manuel FRA 2350
14. WGM Zozulia Anna BEL 2331
15. Sonis Francesco ITA 2319