– Yifan, how many times did you visit Nalchik?
– I am in Nalchik for the second time. I was here in 2008 on the Chess Championship.
– Do you like this town?
– I like it very much, because the air is fresher than in China, the vegetation is beautiful and very
green. People are very kind. It is nice here.
– You live in Beijing now. What do you like more: big cities or small towns like Nalchik?
– I prefer living in big cities just for several days. But for long living I prefer only small towns.
– What means of traveling do you prefer?
– Metro is not so fast and usually I use it. But I prefer bicycle.
– Do you like the local cuisine or you prefer the Chinese?
– The local food is good, but usually I prefer the Chinese.
– Do you have many friends?
– Yes, the majority of them are from the chess world.
– What other kinds of sports are you keen of? Do you have any hobby?
– I like swimming and also I am fond of skipping-rope. Sometimes I like learning something new, now I am studying English.
– Do you like to sing, what about karaoke?
– I visited it for several times and tried to sing, but I like listening more.
– Do you spend a lot of time with a computer?
– Yes, that’s why I am the person wearing spectacles.
– Well, do you often use the Internet to play chess?
– Not much. I usually prefer playing with my coache or with other chess-players.
– Do you like traveling and how many countries did you visit?
– Yes, I like traveling very much; I visited more than ten countries. Most of all I liked France.
– Did you visit some fashion boutiques there?
– No, that time I was younger than now and I just went sightseeing. I visited interesting places and I liked Eiffel Tower very much.
– Do you spend a lot of time to choose your dress?
– No. I make my decision very quickly. I just don’t like some colors. My favorites are purple and black and white.
– With whom do you like to travel?
– I don’t like traveling alone. When I am with my coach, he helps me in chess. When I travel with my mother, she helps me in my daily life. I feel comfortable with both of them.
– What country are you going to visit next time?
– I will visit several tournaments in China, and then I will go to the next Grand Prix in Armenia, Jermuk.
– Would you like to win?
– Now I don’t think about it, I just play chess.
– Is chess the most important thing in your life now?
– Yes, maybe chess is the most important thing in my life, but studying and some others things are also important for me.
I wish you good luck.