The FIDE Trainers’ Commission (TRG) is pleased to announce the first ever FIDE Trainer Awards and will begin by honouring the achievements of our most successful colleagues of 2008, as confirmed by the last meeting of the former FIDE Trainers’ Committee at the Dresden FIDE Congress 2008 and approved by the recent meeting of the Istanbul FIDE Presidential Board 2009.
There will be a judges’ panel (formed on September 1st, 2009) consisting of seven (7) members, with reputation in the field of training. Such persons shall not be nominees for any title awards.
Although the committee already has made up a short list of candidates, we will still welcome and consider nominations for the five categories that have been approved and these are as follows:
1. Botvinnik Mikhail medal for men’s trainer or captain, for best results in mens competitions where World Championships and Olympiads are valued foremost, to be considered too are long standing high results.
2. Furman Symeon medal for women’s trainer or captain, similar to Botvinnik medal but applicable to women’s competitions.
3. Euwe Max medal for juniors trainer, for best results in junior competitions, to be considered are world and continental championships plus founder of famous chess schools, training programs, and academies.
4. Boleslavsky Isaac medal for best book which instructional values are remarkable, and to be considered are also series of articles, instructional computer software, and programs for development of players.
5. Petrosian Tigran medal for a special achievement over the last years.
Nominations can be made by FIDE office bearers, TRE, and Federations. Only FIDE Senior Trainers and FIDE Trainers in exceptional circumstances can be nominating. A special form has to be filled up (see below).
Prizes will be announced together with the results. Chess Publishers or any sponsor, who is interest on the subject, can offer his views and sponsoring to the TRG.
The FIDE Trainers’ Commission will also be setting up a Trainer Hall of Fame and the 2008 FIDE Awards Committee will start this by inducting ten (10) celebrated legendary trainers from the past and the present.
TRG intention is that every year together with the five (5) trainers of the year awards, we will also continue to honour one or more of our esteemed colleagues with membership of the Trainer Hall of Fame, and besides creating a special place on TRG website (www.getchesstraining.com) to honour them, we will also be finding a permanent home for our Hall of Fame in one or more FIDE Academies worldwide.
The winners will be announced till September 10th, 2009.