The European Chess Universities Games 2016 will take place in “Pauk” hall in Zagreb, Croatia from 12-15th July. The technical organizer is Zagreb Chess Federation.
The main event is the rapid tournament, separately men and women section, with time control 25 min + 10 sec/move, starting from the move 1. There will be 9 rounds, Swiss system. The two best results of delegation count for team competition.
The side tournament is the blitz tournament with the time control 3 min + 2 sec. This event is non-compulsory for participating teams.
The Round 1 starts on 12th July at 11:00 CET. Live broadcast on zng111.hr/eug2016/
European Universities Games are the largest multi-sport event in the European university sport and are held under the umbrella of European Universities Sports Association (EUSA). So far, EUG has been held twice (Cordoba 2012 and Rotterdam 2014).
European Chess Universities Games (men) – top 10 seeds:
1. GM Ponkratov Pavel RUS 2692
2. GM Andriasian Zaven ARM 2597
3. IM Chigaev Maksim RUS 2587
4. GM Gabuzyan Hovhannes ARM 2554
5. GM Martinovic Sasa CRO 2551
6. GM Nestorovic Nikola SRB 2536
7. IM Laurusas Tomas LTU 2529
8. IM Stankovic Milos SRB 2432
9. IM Ferreira Jorge Viterbo POR 2393
10. IM Lukovic Vladimir SRB 2355