6th International Chess Tournament, Tashkent (OPEN), Memorial of Georgy Agzamov, the first grandmaster of Uzbekistan
6th International Chess Tournament, Tashkent (OPEN),
Memorial of Georgy Agzamov, the first grandmaster of Uzbekistan
1. Tournament Classification
The Tournament is organized with the following objectives:
– Popularization and development of chess in Uzbekistan,
– Preservation and multiplication of cultural and sports traditions,
– Development of skills of Uzbekistan chess players.
2. Host Organisations.
The general management organization of the competition is carried out by the Chess Federation of Uzbekistan (hereinafter CFU), in cooperation with the Ministry of Culture and Sports of Uzbekistan.
The direct management of the tournament is entrusted to the Board of Arbiters.
3. Time and Venue.
The Tournament shall take place in the city of Tashkent from March 5th (arrivals) till March 15th (departures), 2012. Registrations take place on March 5th, 2012 from 10.00 in the building of the Republican Chess Club (Pakhtakor stadium). Confirmation of participation with CFU is compulsory not later than February 15th.
4. Tournament System.
The Tournament is a 9-round Swiss.
Time controls: 90 minutes for 40 moves, with a subsequent 30-minute addition for each player and a 30-second increment per move starting at move one.
On mechanical clocks: 2 hours for 40 moves, with a subsequent 30-minute addition for each player.
Tournament Venue: Tashkent city.
5. Tournament Participants and Conditions.
The participation is free of charge for:
– Junior champions of Uzbekistan in the age groups under 14, 16, 18, 20 (years 2011-2012);
– Places 1 to 6 in the Uzbekistan Women’s Championship (the Higher League) 2011;
– Places 1 to 3 in the Uzbekistan Veteran’s Championship 2011 (men),
– Chess players with international titles IM, GM;
– Chess players with ELO rating not less than 2300.
– For chess players with ELO rating 2250-2299, the tournament fee is 50 US dollars,
– For chess players with ELO rating 2200-2249 — 75 US dollars,
– For chess players with ELO rating 2150-2199 — 100 US dollars,
– For chess players with a rating below 2150 and with no ELO rating — 125 US dollars,
– A 50% discount is provided for veterans over 60 years of age.
Participants from Uzbekistan must pay their fees in Uzbek soums according to Central Bank’s conversion rate. Payments must be made to the CFU accounts department no later than February 15th, 2012. After February 15th, the fee increases by 1,5 times.
The CFU, upon a compulsory preliminary agreement and only after the issue of an official invitation, accepts the first 10 registered participants on the following conditions:
– Chess players with ELO rating 2600 and above are provided with a full-board single room and return of airfare (1-month, economy class) not exceeding 800 US dollars.
– Chess players with ELO rating 2550-2599 are provided with a full-board single room and return of travel expenses not exceeding 500 US dollars.
In addition, CFU reserves the right to accept chess players with outstanding achievements and merits on special conditions.
Hotel “Shodlik Palace” ****.
Hotel “Uzbekistan” ****.