The 5th International Villach Open will take place on 8-15th February, 2014, at the Volkshaus Völkendorf, Neubaugasse 9, A-9500 Villach, Austria.
The event is organized by the ESV ASKÖ Admira Villach Sektion Schach and is valid as the 32nd open championship of the city of Villach.
The tournament format is 9-round Swiss and the top prize is 1000 EUR.
The official motto is “chess at the meeting point of three cultures”. Villach is in close proximity of Kranjska Gora in Slovenia and Tarvisio in Italy.
Participants (top seeds):
1. GM Burmakin Vladimir RUS 2571
2. GM Epishin Vladimir RUS 2546
3. GM Lajthajm Borko SRB 2519
4. GM Pap Misa SRB 2494
5. GM Lazic Miroljub SRB 2467
6. GM Meijers Viesturs LAT 2454
7. WGM Saduakassova Dinara KAZ 2351
8. FM Antal Tibor Kende HUN 2315
9. FM Petkovic Radosav SRB 2253