The 40th International Chess Open Vila de Sitges is being held from 22nd to 31st July at the Casino Prado Theatre Hall in Sitges, Spain.
The organizers are Penya d’Escacs Casino Prado Suburense and Hotel & Apartaments Sunway Playa Golf.
The event consists of two sections – Group A (for players rated over 2000) and Group B (U2100), both to be played over nine rounds of Swiss system.
Group A has 55 participants from 19 countries, including 8 Grandmasters and 15 International Masters. Full list below.
Group B has 53 participants.
Open A participants (top seeds):
1. GM FEDORCHUK Sergey A. UKR 2665
2. GM GRIGORYAN Karen H. ARM 2592
3. GM BURMAKIN Vladimir RUS 2590
4. GM AROSHIDZE Levan GEO 2565
5. GM MOVSZISZIAN Karen ARM 2520
6. GM RAHMAN Ziaur BAN 2515
7. IM GOMEZ GARRIDO Camilo Ernesto CUB 2495
8. FM GONZALEZ PEREZ Arian FID 2494
9. IM GHOSH Diptayan IND 2468
10. GM MUNOZ PANTOJA Miguel ESP 2457
11. IM GOMEZ LEDO Roberto Carlos CUB 2429
12. FM OLIVA CASTANEDA Kevel CUB 2419
13. GM PEREZ MITJANS Orelvis ESP 2414
14. IM PALIT Somak IND 2411
15. IM MEISTER Peter GER 2410
16. IM DAS Sayantan IND 2381
17. IM ALARCON CASELLAS Rolando CUB 2378
18. IM AKSHAT Khamparia IND 2367
19. IM DEL REY Diego ESP 2363
20. IM MOSQUERA Miguel COL 2362
Sign up for my free email chess course for Beginners and Club Players. In this free course, I focus on helping beginner chess players see the entire board. You will learn how to attack your opponent from move 1 and create a new threat with every single move! I’ve created this series of lessons designed to help beginner and club level players understand the game at a deeper level so that you can start beating higher rated players immediately. Start getting free tips from me directly to your inbox!
– GM Susan Polgar