The 25th Belgrade International Open Championship (Belgrade Trophy) will take place from 24th November to 2nd December in Obrenovac, near Belgrade. The Championship will be played in 9 rounds according to the FIDE Swiss System and the rate of play is 2 hours for 40 moves plus 30 minutes till the end of the game. The tournament is valid for international norms for FIDE titles.
The prize fund is 6000 EUR with 1500 EUR reserved for the winner.
The first Belgrade International Tournament was held in 1948 as a 20-players round robin. In
various forms and with several breaks, the tournament continued until 1987.
From the year 2001, when the 14th (or with new count now 15th) tournament was played, till this year, all tournaments were played in Obrenovac, under the sponsorship of Belgrade Assembly. International Open championship of Belgrade was included in system of competition, which is under sponsorship of Secretary of sport and youth named ”Belgrade Trophy”.
The winner of the last year’s 23rd Belgrade Trophy GM Dragisa Blagojevic will be back to defend the title. The last year’s event is now considered as 24th in the line, since the Belgrade Chess Federation appropriated the famous 1988 GMA JAT Open with 100 Grandmasters as the 14th Belgrade Trophy.
1. GM Damljanovic Branko SRB 2597
2. GM Ernst Sipke NED 2593
3. GM Stojanovic Mihajlo SRB 2591
4. GM Spasov Vasil BUL 2583
5. GM Perunovic Milos SRB 2576
6. GM Strikovic Aleksa SRB 2564
7. GM Neverov Valeriy UKR 2537
8. GM Savic Miodrag R SRB 2523
9. GM Blagojevic Dragisa MNE 2514
10. GM Drenchev Petar BUL 2499
11. GM Todorovic Goran M SRB 2482
12. IM Filip Lucian ROU 2471
13. GM Cabrilo Goran SRB 2463
14. GM Abramovic Bosko SRB 2450
15. GM Nikcevic Nebojsa MNE 2412